What an amazing place! G-ma and G-pa Boyd gave us a family activity gift card for Christmas. So we decided to head over and check the palace out. And Gma and Gpa came with us. We got to the palace and it was so beautiful! So much art and creation. We even got to climb to a second level and walk over ice bridges that were lit up.
The Palace had street taco venders and I wish I could capture the flavor in a picture! I never have had a street taco before and they were so delicious! We got to take a sleigh ride pulled by HUGE draft horses and it was actually a legit sleigh ride. I have been on "sleigh" rides before that were just actually wagons but this had sleigh blades and as we wound through the path the sleigh would slide to the side and you could hear delighted little squeals (most coming from me, I'll admit LOL).
The sleigh took us to an icy sledding path over the Labelle Lake and we got to go sledding on tubes which was so fun! Even G-ma and G-pa got in on the action.
And there was the mandatory post-sledding Hot Cocoa in an incredible tree house.
I told McKinley that Elsa would be there and she kept telling me that "Elsa is not real". On repeat, I kid you not. I'm not sure who she was trying to convince! LOL. But when she saw Elsa actually there, her face lit up and she was so excited to talk with her.
At the end of the evening we returned to the Ice Palace and watched the fire show. The man ate fire and juggled sticks on fire and I kept leaning over to the kids and whispering "Don't try this at home". We still aren't sure how he did it but we are convinced there is something to the bucket of fluid he kept dipping the sticks in.
Jaedyn won a free ticket to return. The DJ said if someone could name the artist who sings the next song he played they would win a free ticket. They started playing a song, "Hey Soul Sister" and before the artist even started singing Jaedyn was yelling "Train!" That girl has an incredible ear for music.
It was such a fun family activity. And maybe we will return. At LaBelle they have an enormous cabin that they rent out on VRBO for weddings and other events. Could be fun to return for a family reunion someday! Who knows?










No comments:
Post a Comment