Sunday, January 24, 2021

Everyone... Meet Atlas

And because life wasn't crazy enough... we added a puppy to our lives! Meet Atlas. He was born on Nov 30, 2020. His breeder was actually my friend from highschool that I haven't seen in 15 years! They are using the money from the puppies to pay for her dad's cancer treatments. He was my seminary teacher for many years growing up, they were neighbors, ward members, and good friends. Good people! He was just diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and I decided that there was no better time than now to get that non-shedding indoor puppy that I have wanted for so many years!

Isn't he cute? I have discovered that it is very hard to get a picture of a black puppy! 😂 I have wanted a golden doodle for about a decade. Long before they were so popular. And now that EVERYONE is getting them, their appeal is kind of wearing off for me. So, the fact that he is a small poodle but with a similar look and wavy hair type, was actually more appealing to me! It was a win-win-win-win. Even Chad got excited about him! (I have to say, that was kinda the best part! And definitely what sealed the deal).

This is Haylie (Laga) Biggs. Isn't she beautiful? I'm pretty sure she hasn't aged a day! She was such a sweetheart to come down from Boise with 4 of her 5 cute kids, get a hotel, hang out at our house for hours catching up (I think I kept them up way too late), and then invite us to play at the pool the next morning (hence the swimsuit coverups). It was such fun to catch up with her and I really hope we can do better at getting together in the future!

I may have kept them up way too late too! But look at the lovin going on here! (And see what I mean about difficulty getting pictures? Atlas is the dark center in this pic.)

Atlas has been such a champ! Hopefully I'm not speaking too soon 🤞.  He has slept 7 hours both nights without a peep and who knows how much longer he would have slept if I hadn't woken him up both mornings! You'd think I was a first time mom or something. LOL For an 8 week old pup, that is not too shabby! He is so soft and so calm! I have had many dogs over the years and he is the calmest puppy I've ever owned.  Such a nice change! And definitely what I need!

Even Lady likes him! She's such a lover though, no big surprises there! 


 

No comments: