Last week my good friend Helen took me fishing at Wellsville Reservoir. Me. Just goes to show that persistence pays off. I remember going fishing once in my life and actually getting to hold a pole. The other time = no pole + lots of tears for the poor innocent fish! Ridiculous. But back to the story... I caught a fish! Me!
Look hard... it's there, I promise :)
Yes it's small... but you can see I'm very much thrilled with my dinky thing! My first catch (Chad excepted, of course)
Helen didn't understand my hesitation with the afterwork of catching a fish... the gutting. Guh-ross! Much different from surgery on people. She didn't get it.
I did the whole thing. Oh wait, nope. Helen administered the rock to the head and she also removed the head. Sheesh, now it sounds like I didn't hardly do anything!
Heather, Caden, Helen, Jaedyn
Check out the sucker Caden caught! He reeled it in by himself and everything! Jaedyn quickly caught the excitement and wanted one too... unfortunately at that point the fish were on to us. Maybe next time sweetie!
BTW fresh caught trout is yummy... who knew, right?
And I'm totally moving to Wellsville! Someday. It's gorgeous out there!




1 comment:
Love all the posting you've been doing lately! I have to say, you are so brave! I went bass fishing with Rob and my family last summer, and just declared myself the picture taker so that I wouldn't have to touch the things. I think I even caught one, but it got off the line before i could real it in, and i was so relieved! I can't believe you gutted it. You are a strong woman, Angela, a strong woman. :)
Post a Comment