Driving home from the babysitters tonight:
Jaedyn: I want to die
Me: (suppressing natural instinct to exclaim "what?!?") Why's that Jaedyn?
Jaedyn: I want to be with Jesus
Me: (What a bittersweet comment) That would be nice, wouldn't it? But you know what?
Jaedyn: What?
Me: Mommy would miss you a lot if you went to be with Jesus
Jaedyn: Would I spend the night?
Me: Yes Jaedyn, if you went to be with Jesus you would be with him for a long time, and Mommy would miss you.
Where do they come up with this stuff?!? Just an innocent childish conversation but it seriously caused me some anxiety! How sad it is, that little 4 year olds die! That little children are torn from the arms of their loved ones every day! What a heart-rending experience! I couldn't bare it! My heart and soul ache for those parents. I often catch myself pondering all of the "what ifs" in life. Confession: I'm a little bit afraid of the trials of parenting!
Escalante for Spring Break
2 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment