Man oh man! I am so tired of the blowouts! I guess if they're the only things I have to complain about as a new mom then I'm doing good but I am nearing my wits end! Seriously. We have tried EVERY kind of diaper out there. We are now in Pampers, yes the most expensive one out there, which has helped a TINY bit but I am still scrubbing at least one outfit a day. I'm about ready to start throwing out the outfits and buying new ones... it's gotta be worth it! We tried solids, hoping it would add a little form to the problem but it only made it worse! Too much too soon maybe? Aaaaargh! I was so frustrated last night I was afraid I'd hurt Jaedyn's feelings so I had to sit down and explain to my 6 mo daughter that I was not upset with her, that I knew she had no control over it, no it wasn't her fault, and yes mommy loves her. She just blinked big blue eyes at me and then grinned. Well it was therapeutic for me anyway. Ummmm, help??????
8 comments:
I'm not sure that I have any fabulous advice for you. I know Pampers always worked best for my girls but yes, they are expensive. Have you tried Huggies Supreme? They are even more expensive than Pampers but they have tripple protection.
One other thing I would do with Passion cuz she seemed to go through this phase (and remember it's probably only a phase) is whenever I noticed she was going to the bathroom, I would take off all her clothes really quickly and wrap a cloth diaper around the outside of her diaper. Then I'd just hold her like that until she was done.
Anyway, sorry about the frustration. Hang in there and remember, it is probably just a phase. Things will get more solid soon. :)
Try getting a larger size diaper and wrapping it around her as tightly as possible without hurting her. I noticed that when my boys would blow out often, I needed a bigger size. She may be under the weight and size recommendation for a bigger size...but it's worth a try. Good Luck!
I'm not sure what to do about the blowouts, but oxy spray gets poop out pretty well without scrubbing! Good Luck! Oh, if we make a trip out there this weekend, would you be abailable to visit?
I mean available! :)
Yes, good advice from everyone! I was going to say get a bigger size diaper too, and invest in a large box of oxyclean. She will pass out of the stage pretty soon. I feel for you though. I actually did throw away a few of Makayla's onsies. They were some that Andrew had used too and it just was not worth scrubbing them out. The regular Huggies (not supreme) worked best for Makayla but Andrew had to use the pampers. Good luck with it!
Blow-outs are so not fun. It's also helped Rachel to switch to the next bigger size (a few pounds before the diapers say the next size should start.) Also, when she started making her pooping sounds, sometimes it helped to change her to a different position. (It was always the worst when she was sitting in her bouncy chair or car seat vs. letting her stand in my lap or by the couch.) It really did get better as the amount of solid food increased.
I will ditto some of the other moms try changing the size of diaper. your such a cute mom!
Can you help me? I have forgotten how to put a video on my blog post. Can you explain it to me? Thanks!
Post a Comment