For the last 17 years, this family has been providing a 30 minute Christmas light show complete with music streamed through a local radio station. The show repeats every half hour from the hours of 5-10 throughout the month of December. We learned about the shows shortly after moving back to Idaho Falls in 2016 and have made attending a part of our Christmas traditions. The shows are so well choreographed! We like to pop popcorn, squeeze into the front seat with blankets and even open up the sunroof for extra viewing space. It has been delightful!
Well this year, I read a sad article that due to health problems, it isn't feasible for the shows to continue and this will be their last one. I was so sad to read that! My kids have grown up on these shows! I'm so grateful to this family for the countless hours and extra money they spend providing this service for the community to enjoy. It is truly such a selfless way to serve and bring a little extra Christmas spirit into our small community. I am so impressed with the creative ways people come up with to share a little extra love. I need to learn from that and look for ways that I can offer what I have to lift others. Thank you Mr Owen for your loving service and great example! I sincerely hope your health improves. Thank you for being a small part of our lives and for lifting us. I think Christmas lights in some form will always have to be part of our celebration.




No comments:
Post a Comment