With Thanksgiving in the past, we all look forward to the Christmas season. We don't waste much time either! Saturday after Thanksgiving I spent the day putting up my garland and getting the decorations out. That evening we hit the new Disney movie at the theater with Wes' family. It was the release of Wish which was... eh. But once again, fun memories. I enjoyed the texting Jaedyn did when she realized Chris Pine could sing. 😂 Or the way Chad looked so mournful when Lilia threw away the popcorn bucket before he could get his free refill! Ha! Rebecca and I had some good laughs over that. Sunday morning they left around 8 am and our house became way too quiet. I miss being surrounded by family. It just doesn't happen often enough. I get jealous of all the neighbors and friends of mine who have family at all their kids events. Because they live so close, it's easy to be a part of their everyday lives. Sigh. I know my family and Chad's family love us... I just wish they didn't do it from so far away!
Because Lilia and Jaedyn went to a surprise birthday party for a friend (to watch a showing of A Christmas Carol Play at the local theater) on Saturday afternoon, I was threatened with my life to not decorate the Christmas tree while I was doing garland. So I didn't. I very patiently (or nervously ha!) waited until after church on Sunday. And then the kids let Ane put the star on top!
I found this beauty in in my studies one morning. Such a good reminder. It says,
"You are good enough, you are loved, but that does not mean that you are yet complete. There is work to be done in this life and the next. Only with His divine help can we all progress toward becoming like Him. In these times, when all things appear to be in commotion; and... fear is seemingly upon all people, the only antidote, the only remedy, is to strive to be like the Savior, the Redeemer of all mankind, the Light of the World, and to seek after Him who declared, "I am the way"".
It's from Elder Scott D Whiting's talk "Becoming Like Him". I think we women are tempted to get down on ourselves cuz we aren't perfect... yet. I love the way he phrases it and emphasizes that just because we have work to do still, that doesn't mean we are failures, or not good enough, or not loved. We just aren't complete yet. And it's a good reminder that along our journey to become complete, we need to ignore the voices that tell us we aren't good enough (even when the loudest of such voices is often our own).
We are starting to get snow. It's off and on. Ane keeps asking me if it is here to stay. I've started shrugging because every time I think it is, we get rain that dissolves it all or a warm spell that melts it all! Ane went out with McKinley and Ebony to make a snowman. The girls were delighted. And then that night it rained and EVERYTHING melted. When Ane went out to the car in the morning to head to school she exclaimed with disappointment and disbelief "Where did the snow go?!" I chuckled. It will come.
L&L Sweets had an order to fill for 120 bags of caramels. With 8 caramels in each bag that's 960 caramels! The order came from Landon's uncle in California. So we carameled it up! That's a real thing. I think it ended up being 7 batches of caramels ending with a batch to try some new flavors of course: butter rum, watermelon, licorice, and mint. The mint... oh the mint was like toothpaste gone wrong. It was terrible! Not to mention the fact that the green food coloring made it look like goobers. Such a waste. Todd paid them $3/bag and ordered cinnamon and caramel flavors which are classic favorites. He owns a pool cleaning business and gives them to his clients. These kids worked so hard!
And even these kids got in on the action. They weren't earning money but wanted to help and got paid with yummy caramels to eat. LOL.
When the bags were packaged up and ready to send the grand total was 24 pounds! It bit into their profits a little but they were super happy with the result!




No comments:
Post a Comment