Saturday, October 9, 2021

Pocatello Gets a Temple!

We had the opportunity to go to the open house for the Pocatello Temple. It was... an experience. LOL We were running late, cuz that's just what we do, and had to get gas. So there was that. Then when we arrived we had a longer bus ride than expected and the only reason I mention that is because I really had to go potty! To the point it was getting downright painful! As we disembarked from the buses, we were met with a freezing cold drizzle, and of course no jackets (we were running late, remember?). We stood in line outside, shivering for about 30 minutes, and me begging the kids to quit jostling me, when I decided I couldn't take it anymore. There was a church clear down there that I was going to desperately see if doors were open. Only, I made it halfway across the parking lot when I saw they had geniously brought in some mobile bathrooms. Hallelujah! Now I can finally relax and enjoy the experience! Famous last words.


The temple really was beautiful. And we had a few interesting discussions... like on spurred on by the baptismal font and McKinley's question "so after someone dies they bring their person here to baptize?". As my childhood ward is in the temple district for the new temple, I saw many dear faces from years past, and that too was enjoyable. Did my heart some good.


But somehow, 2 of my kids managed to fight almost the entire way through such a beautiful place. No amount of distraction could deter them! I just wanted a fun picture showing what a great experience this could be and... uh, real life is captured quite well here. 


But you know, I'm grateful for my very real, very dirty, very rough and tumble life. These kids amaze me. They are faced with so much today but still smile. They may call names and yell (way too much), but their hugs are amazing and come when it truly matters. They are FULL of a zest for life and a love for people and I hope that carries with them down through the years as those qualities can take them far in life!

 

No comments: