Sunday, October 24, 2021

Painful Good-byes

We said good-bye to a dear friend of 3 years yesterday. Little Lady Luck was a very energetic lab that has lived with us since she was a puppy. A sweet girl who loved these kids with her whole heart. Her whole mission in life was to please. And her favorite thing in the whole world was to play fetch. Lady was a natural fetcher. She was so focused, determined, and would go-go-go. She was so sweet in seeking attention and loves. The problem was... I am horrible at outdoor-petting. Dogs are companions. They need attention. I felt like a horrible human every time I shut the door in her eager little face. But I just could not do the shedding anymore and as a family, we felt we needed to simplify things a bit. Essentially, Lady needed more than we could give her. 


So a retired cop who was k-9 handler had me make some videos of her and send them to him to see if she was a good fit for his training program. She passed! Of course she did. She really is an incredible dog. Several tears were shed by many of us, but there is a sense of relief accompanying the heart ache. She will be loved and missed. 


Good-bye Lady Luck! We love you 💗

We will also be getting rid of our chickens this week. With far fewer tears (and even some cheers- from Jaedyn whose sole responsibility they were)!


 

1 comment:

Helen said...

What!? No way!? That's very sad, but I'm so happy to hear she is going into the K9 department, it's a perfect fit for her! I hope you stay in contact with the guy, it would be fun to see video's of her progress as she gets trained!