Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thumbs up



These pictures were taken back at the end of August. We thought we might have a thumb sucker for a while. I didn't like the idea... the hard part was, she was so stinkin cute doing it, that it was hard for me to try to stop it. Now, I know it's no big deal, my pediatrician said, "most kids end up with braces anyway". But I sucked my thumb til I was 5 and I didn't want that to even be a chance with her. Binkies, well, you can take those away! So we started replacing her thumb with binkies every time we caught her sucking. Problem was that she was usually doing it in her crib when we weren't around. I finally gave up and conceded, it's no big deal. She still sucks it occasionally but I think she's starting to come around. Go Binkie!

No comments: