Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trip to Idaho... Yay!

Some of my favorite people in the whole world are in Idaho and I got to go to Idaho this weekend! I didn't get to visit everyone but it really was a fun weekend. A full weekend! Friday one of my roommates got married in the Idaho Falls Temple. She was so cute, she giggled through the entire ceremony. The feelings of love in that room were palpable. It's always fun to again witness the excitement of new beginnings. Congratulations Rachelle! And I just have to put this out there. That was the most beautiful wedding dress I have ever seen! People I'm sorry the pictures don't do it justice. The dress was so elaborate but not beady-gaudy elaborate. But rather it was the folds and tucks in the fabric that made it so. Gorgeous! I got to see another roommate and good friend Stephie (she's Rachelle's sister). Funny story about this picture... okay maybe not so funny but I'm still going to tell it. Stephie's husband took the picture and then made a comment about how we had "Asian eyes" from squinting in the sun. I thought he said something about how we "aged nice". Uh...
My sister-in-law graduated from BYU-Idaho with her Bachelor's degree on Saturday and again I got to witness the excitement of new beginnings. Though she still has more schooling to complete we're excited for her and wish her luck. Congratulations Valerie! (I know it looks like Jaedyn is totally miserable.... it's cuz she is! She sat good all through the graduation but as it ended a switch flipped (I hear girls are good at this) and suddenly she remembered she hadn't had lunch and it was way past her naptime. Poor kid. Mommy bribed her with fruit snacks to go to Valerie for the picture in the first place cuz she was so upset, and then... oops mommy's purse was empty of fruit snacks! Terrible timing! But Valerie you looked beautiful as always)
My sister-in-law Kellie has been living in Rexburg for the past few months with her kids. They live in Peru but she came home to have a baby... does anyone blame her? I have made every excuse to visit for the short while they're here! And I am chagrined that I have no pictures of Hailey! I couldn't believe it until I realized why.... it's cuz I was holding the baby the whole time! Haha. But she sure is a cutie and Jaedyn had so much fun with her cousins Brendan, Jeremy, and Andie. Kellie's sister is one of the most creative mothers I've met. This little art project was courtesy of Kim and the kids had a blast. Jaedyn gobbled up the "eggs" but it took some coercing to get her to try the "bird". Thanks for letting us bombard you for the weekend Kellie! We love you!
We also got to go swimming with Chad's family. Poor Chad forgot his swimsuit. I offered to lend him mine but he didn't go for it. We had a lot of fun with them and wish they could have stayed longer! We love you Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Rob and Aunt Beth! And thank you for the gifts and hand-me-downs (Mimi I have no idea if you ever read this but we LOVE them!)!
Of course he's one of my favorite people and this is why.... uh... He also took a video at the pool of his feet but it takes too long to upload videos, I don't like doing it so I'll just tell you about it... oh, I guess that was all there was to tell :) Silly boy.

2 comments:

Coleman, Ashley, Cash, and Presley said...

I love this post! Congrats to chad for getting in! And to Valerie for graduating... that is crazy! we miss you guys!

Robin and Stephenie said...

oh look you are all updated and can you belive I didn't even take my camera! aaagh! I will have to steal pics from others. I am so happy you go to come up, and I feel so bad that I didn't get to spend more time with you. and that we didn't get pics with Rachelle. grrrrrr..... the things you think of later. love ya.