We sure enjoyed Easter this year! It was wonderful to experience through Jaedyn's eyes. Her childish delight at everything was so fun! Chad wanted to keep with family tradition so we celebrated on Saturday.
We started the day with a good healthy jog... of which Jaedyn wanted no part. Our wonderful neighbors across the street saw her reaction to the stroller and offered to watch her for us. So we decided without the stroller we could jog further. Can I just say that "slow and steady wins the race" is a big fat lie? Chad killed me... the booger can still cold-turkey outrun me. But I got the last laugh cuz he's sore today and I'm not :)
Of course dying easter eggs was a mess but we planned for that as you can witness from the pix. Jaedyn LOVED the experience. Chad and I had to keep resisting the urge to correct her when she wanted 2 eggs in one cup, or when she splashed the dye all over herself and the newspaper, or when she picked up two eggs and started clapping them together. It was her activity and we decided to let the discovery be unrestrained. We couldn't help offering a few gentle verbal reminders though to keep it from getting too out of control.

We really enjoyed General Conference! The sessions for me seemed to be very family oriented, a lot of direction was offered to parents. Could just be the stage of life I'm in. Funny too cuz when I was single in college I always felt like there was a lot of direction specific to my stage in life then too. That's what I love about Conference, there's something for everyone. (unfortunately today neither of us got much from conference because Jaedyn was handful! See post below)
After the second session of conference and after Jaedyn's nap we took a walk so the Easter bunny could visit. Jaedyn had the time of her life hunting eggs.
She found them all! There were 17 eggs and we only had to hint at the last 2. Each time she saw one she would gasp, run to it, pick it up and would turn to us with wide eyes and mouth shaped like, "oh". It never got old... but of course we're her parents so we're easily awed.
Anyway, I hope everyone had an enjoyable time this weekend. I'm grateful for the Easter Holiday that serves as a celebration and reminder of Christ and the promise His sacrifice offers to each of us. Happy Easter Everyone!
And here is a video of Jaedyn's Easter dress. Silly me... I held the camera sideways. oops. I'll have to get some pix next time she wears it. But when we put it on her she looked down and was so impressed she grabbed the sides of the dress and started twisting side to side. Adorable. So the video is us trying to recreate her initial reaction.




1 comment:
Holy cow! That is such an adorable picture of Jaedyn smiling for the camera! Luis saw it and said she is starting to look a lot like her grandma Boyd. Can hardly wait to show you the less cool trails in Rexburg...!)
Post a Comment