Monday, April 26, 2010

My Sweet Hubby

On Fri April 23 we celebrated our 5th year anniversary! Sort of. I say sort of because I had to work all day. But we had plans. Chad had gotten a babysitter and we were going to dinner and a movie! I was so excited! Chad even had me pick which movie... "Date Night" cuz I heard it was hilarious, how could it not be with Steve Carell? So after I got off work I met Chad at the house and he whisked me out the door and out to dinner. After dinner though things got kinda fishy. Chad started driving to the highway instead of the theater. Uh...
Unbeknownst to me Chad had planned out an entire weekend getaway complete with daycare for Jaedyn, a sub for my Sunday School class, Packing, hotel, and activities! What a babe! Only a few incidentals were sacrificed for this surprise; I made it without my makeup and sunscreen. So first stop after the hotel was Walmart where we bought some and added them to the overnight bag... never to be forgotten again :-)
I laughed so hard at this picture. Someday Chad will stop making faces for the camera and let me get a decent picture. Until then... we'll all get a good laugh! Which is one of the reasons I married him so how can I complain?
We visited the Red Butte Gardens which are amazing! Even though half of everything hadn't bloomed yet! They had an amazing children's garden that we really want to take Jaedyn back to when the season is right. We went to Tracy Aviary, This is the Place Monument, Hogle Zoo and saw a 3-D at IMAX theater at Clark Planetarium. And Chad got to air on the local news channel as a special guest. Go babe!
He and about a thousand kids. I'm kidding of course. This was one of the activities at Clark Planetarium before the IMAX movie started.
I still haven't seen "Date Night". haha. But I sure love my man!

3 comments:

Krystal said...

That is so thoughtful of him! I'm glad you had such a great anniversary.

Celeste and Joe said...

I totally remember you and I actually check out your blog on occasion. You have the cutest little girl!

KJBBBG said...

What an awesome surprise. Way to go Chad!! That picture is really fun. All personality.

Your parents were wonderful for taking on my kids the same weekend as Jaedyn so we could all enjoy some quiet.