I did load the kids up on the 30th and we went to check out the last day of the pumpkin patch. The displays had kind of disintegrated during our week of convalescence but were still pretty impressive!
And the girls clearly enjoyed what was left.
Halloween day Chad and I went in to the elementary to help with class parties. I had some cookie decorating supplies left so when everyone got home they each got to decorate some cookies.
Ane had plans with her friend initially but ended up asking if she could go trick or treating with the younger girls. I'm so glad she did cuz it was so fun to watch her excitement mixed with astonishment over our silly American traditions.
We had 2 cowgirls and a little robber that we got to take around for treats. Ane kept saying "I can't believe it! I've never seen so much candy" with eyes like saucers. At one house they were handing out apples and she could barely contain the laughter til the door closed. "It's like Spain!" We were teasing her that in Spain they "fish or treat" because they are so healthy over there. I wish we were a little more like that honestly though.
Lilia with her friends Keira and Audryn pulled a blast from the past and dressed up as Alvin and the Chipmunks. They hit the streets by themselves in a race to get the most candy they could! (And they were very successful in that endeavor, I might add LOL)
Speaking of Blasts from the past... Jae and her friends
Lilia hands down won the largest haul award. And pulled a potato! Ha, it was actually our good friends the Deckers who stuck that in there but she had no idea and it was hilarious to see her reaction when she was sorting her loot!




No comments:
Post a Comment