Last year I went hiking The Grand Canyon with our OM at work, Brandy Peutz... It just happened to be her birthday when we went. This year her family was going to be gone for her birthday so she asked if I wanted to go hiking again on October 7th. Of course! We hit up Darby Wind Caves with some other people from work. What a hoot of a trip it was!
Myself with Dr Lena Gowring. Gowring, April, Brandy, and myself
Headlamps were a must. As Tere learned the hard way. Her headlamp was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I think I'll get her a real one for Christmas. For real, we took the pix with her headlamp still ON... that's how much light was not there!
Brandy has a tradition of leaving snow angels when snow is present on her hike. So Tera thought it would be fun to leave a mud angel. Not really. The poor thing slid in the mud and landed so hard on her backside that it set off her SOS on her watch! Once we made sure she was ok, we had quite a laugh over the whole thing. It was a fun day! And so cool that we can still be traipsing through the wilderness this late in the year in Idaho!







No comments:
Post a Comment