Saturday, March 18, 2023

Skiing at Kelly

Chad and I decided this would be the year. We were finally going to learn to ski. And our kids would too. So at the end of the 2022/23 season we bought passes for the 2023/24 season that allowed us to try out the last few days of the this season. We spoke with a neighbor/friend who filled us in on all sorts of education that we were lacking. He also had some old equipment that we were able to buy and what we couldn't buy, we rented. We watched a youtube video on our way up, and as self-declared experts, set off. JK. I really was nervous to have so many beginners, as one myself without lessons. But Chad insisted lessons would better serve us this winter for the full season. So we hit up one of Jaedyn's friends who agreed to come with us.

What a sport he was. Thanks Karson!

We hit up the bunny hill first and then went up skiers lane. Jaedyn and Lilia took right to it. Ebony asked if she could go and I was not keen on the idea until Karson volunteered to take her. The problem with Kelly's is, you have boring bunny hill and then very exciting skier's lane. It would be nice if there was something in between! None of us died. Jaedyn now appreciates the wisdom of the helmet. And Lilia, will need to learn to control herself a little before I'm comfortable with her flying at the speeds she prefers! All in all, it was a successful day and the family is excited to take on a new sport. Now we just have to watch the sales...

 

Update: Chad and I got to hit the mountain together the first weekend in April- just for 2 hours due to General Conference but we got a lot of skiing in in that time and it was so fun! It gave me a lot more experience and Chad felt like he finally got the hang of it and so he is finally excited for next season! I'm anxious for the coming season too! It'll be fun to figure things out together and I'm always big on more ways to have outdoor adventures together as a family.


No comments: