A little about McKinley printed on her birthday invitation. She has been very into hedgehogs lately so we decided to theme her party this year. Hedgehog invitations,

and my friend, Michelle Price, made her a hedgehog cake. (I'm dying over this cake! Hardest part of the party was having to cut this little guy!)
I captured each of their reactions when they saw the cake. McKinley laughed at how cute it was.
Ebony was completely speechless.
And Lilia wanted to recreate it. LOL. No carrot cake was ever so cute!
They sewed little wooden hedgehogs and made paper plate hedgehogs for a craft.
Then the party moved in for pinata time. The pinata did not hang for long, Chad bravely stepped up and held it while the kids took turns taking a whack at it. Courage, for real, imagine 10 little 5 and 6 year olds with a broom stick in their hand swinging your way! It was actually dangerous for everyone and we had to have an extra adult make sure those behind the swinging child were also safe! LOL
Just in case you're wondering, the party mix with warheads is NOT a party favorite. Whoops 😂
McKinley was in hedgehog heaven!
This gift has been a hit! It was a bit of a risk but she had expressed some interest. Then the day before her birthday when her sisters were asked to do their music practice, she sadly said "but I don't have anything to practice" and I knew we had chosen well!
What I didn't expect was for Jaedyn and Lilia's interest in the ukelele to be rekindled. They both learned a bit in 5th grade music class and Jae even took lessons for a bit after getting a uke for Christmas several years ago. It has been in the closet since she quit lessons and has now made a reappearance. She has played, quite literally, nonstop for the last 2 days since there hasn't been school. Lilia also has jumped between the 2 instruments and I had forgotten that she could play! I love that my children have an interest in music. Good music is good for the soul.















No comments:
Post a Comment