Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Summer Traditions

Gardening! Duh. Actually we didn't do much of one this year. I decided with the busy summer that my stress level was too high to handle the weeds. I get a little weird and if I go in the green house I have to pull the weeds until they're all gone. I can't leave it undone and I hate a job unfinished. Well that's a trick when your garden is in an irrigated pasture. The weeds are so hard to stay on top of! I just couldn't do it this year. I told Chad if he wanted a garden, it was on him, I wouldn't step foot in it. And I hardly did. The weeds! I swear you could see them growing out the top of the greenhouse this year! ugh. But he did plant a few things and I reaped the benefits. I just really had to keep myself out of there. 

Ross Park with my sweet friend Kelli... you know those friendships that change lives? This girl, right here. Such a great girl. So thoughtful and kind. Just genuine to her bones. She was a great example to me in highschool, and still is! Though I don't get to spend the kind of time I would like with her. But the last few summers we have started the tradition of getting the kids together at Ross Park and we all love it. Hard to find a time amidst all the busy summer schedules but I'm so grateful we've been able to find a time and make it work!

And I love, love, love that the girls get along so well!


This kid is thinking of cutting her hair and I am trying my best to convince her not to! I had to take a picture so she could see what everyone else sees, I just think it's gorgeous!

Good bye summer! And middle school. And childhood! *sob
I took Jaedyn to back to school night at the high school! gasp
She's a little nervous. Only cuz she doesn't recognize how great she is. She will soon, and then boy will I be in trouble! She's a good kid, with a good heart, and a great group of friends. I'm excited for her high school years.


 

No comments: