Helen took Jaedyn, Lilia and me to Goblin Valley for their first adventure of the season!
Thanks Helen, for including us!
Car fun,
rest,
and anticipation!
Our first adventure was Ding and Dang Canyons and I LOVED IT! What a fun technical canyon but technical without requiring gear. Just a lot of stemming if you don't want to get wet!
Here we are just heading in.
The girls stemming for the first time. It was super fun at first but by the end we were so done stemming. The girls picked up some mad stemming skills by the end though. It was fun to see them figure their way across. They did awesome!
And Helen learned to do the splits!
Some of the stemming got a little wide for this one. She had to use her whole body!
And stretch much more than the rest of us! But she happily did it and was so independent.
Until she wasn't anymore. LOL It just got too wide and her arms were SO tired! She stemmed as far as she could without her arms and then her legs just weren't long enough.
So Helen played hero and took one for the team. I was grateful because I just did NOT want to get wet!
I mean... check her out! Go Jaedyn!
And all her various stemming techniques.
She totally worked it.
This is me stemming above Lilia.
We camped this trip not too far from either hike which made it nice for driving. The next day we headed out to Wild Horse and Bell Canyon which was about 8 miles without the technical stuff. Made it nice for a Sunday.
It was fun to explore.
We found friends on the trail
And rested on the trail. LOL. There was a road that connected the 2 canyons that we had to hike on and it got a little hot.
But such beautiful country!
We came back to find a wind storm had attempted to blow our tent away. Bent poles, a tent full and I mean FULL of sand, and we decided camping was over rated and packed up to spend our last night at a hotel. The kids did great with the change of plans and it meant showers sooner than we had expected... and a movie! So it was all good. Now I just have to see if Kelty will honor the tent pole warranty!


























1 comment:
I still have red stains in my cloths from that 'heroic' moment!!
Such fun times! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment