This kid celebrated her birthday this year by playing Lucinda in the middle school's production of Into the Woods Jr. And then she had a bunch of friends over for a rather large cake, which to my utter disappointment didn't even come close to being fully consumed! She's got a good group of friends and it is fun to watch them interact.
She is the selfie queen these days so I would be remiss to not include one such photo.
The girls all get excited to spend their very own money on each other for birthdays. It warms my heart because I often ask what on earth I am doing wrong to not be raising these kids in a home where love abounds. There is just so much meanness sometimes! But then they show love and excitement to give a gift, or a little extra gentleness when not expected... and it reminds me that sibling spats are part of a normal childhood and to not be so hard on myself or my kids!
Jaedyn has this thing she says in a funny voice with her friends, "I want waffle fries". It is a tribute to Chick Fil-A and apparently their desirable fried potatoes. And maybe a little insight into the silly things that bring that group of kids joy. Regardless, Lilia decided she wanted to make a shirt for Jaedyn for her birthday and gift her with a gift card to Chick fil-A. Such a thoughtful gift and we had so much fun making it together. Lilia is rather independent and would have done the whole thing but I insisted on helping. LOL.
Here is the birthday girl sporting her new shirt and Lucinda hair on Friday morning. She loved the shirt and about died when she read it.
Ebony and McKinley went in on a thoughtful little gift too. Jaedyn has had a thing for little colored glass bottles lately and they decided to buy her some tiny ones to add to her collection. They're so little and cute! And then she got some adjustable weights (so she won't steal mine anymore) and a set of airpods which she has been dying to get for months. I didn't want to give those away too easily though so I wrapped them in layer after layer of grocery bags and packaging tape surround by styrofoam and packaging tape and a box with wrapping paper. You can never be too sneaky.
It was fun watching this girl in her play. She played a pretty convincing Lucinda!
And here is the cow... she had one line which was "moo" but I couldn't take my eyes off her when she was on stage because her acting went way beyond her lines and she was just so fun to watch!
The kids did such a good job with their set, their individual roles, and the music. It was very entertaining even the littles laughed and enjoyed themselves through the whole show.
Jaedyn had invited Helen up to see and she came! So that was fun too.
Here she is posing with one of her good friends who played the tree. I can't believe it is the only pic I got with her friends the whole evening! Sad too. Several of her friends who weren't in the play, came to watch it before coming to our house for the party. I thought the support was pretty dang cool.
She was so excited to receive flowers from her Dad, and Lilia was excited to photo bomb the memory.
The kids came over for cake and presents and then promptly headed outside for night games and gym games. They played capture the flag, ping pong, pop a shot, and just ran around crazy until 1230. My one regret is that they didn't eat more cake! It was a day and evening well spent in celebration of our child who made us parents for the first time 14 years ago! Happy birthday BJ!














No comments:
Post a Comment