Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Quick Trip to Vancouver

This last weekend Chad, Jaedyn and I went to Vancouver, Wa for Chad's sister's wedding. She was a beautiful bride of course and we had a wonderful trip... though we all felt like it was much too quick! It was Jaedyn's first plane ride and she did so wonderfully! She jabbered the whole way to Washington. We wanted to get a picture of her with the captain but apparently the captains have stopped greeting people as they board... either that or just the captains of cheap airlines have! haha.


We left to head up on Thursday night. We spent Friday decorating the church for the reception and Saturday we spent the day at the temple for the wedding, took lots of pictures, and hung out at the church eating yummy food (Great job again Tina!). Sunday we woke up at 4:45 to go catch our flight home. Work was rough on me this week, I think because I was recovering from the lack of weekend. I always need a vacation to recover from vacation.


And the reason for the rushed vacation? Chad started teaching on Monday! He seems to be enjoying the craziness of the first grade. He left for school excited this morning because the kids are going to be planting beans in potting soil today.

2 comments:

Coleman, Ashley, Cash, and Presley said...

I always need a vaca from a vaca too! I'm sorry work was so hard... I always had good days and bad days. I love that chad loves those kids! He is so adorable!

Travis and Jana said...

Glad to hear Chad is enjoying school so far. You'll have to keep us updated on how things go for him. It was great to see you guys in Vancouver!