Saturday, September 2, 2023

First adventures with Ane

Did you know Spain doesn't have peanut butter?! My mind is rebelling at the thought.
Ane has joined the cheer team at Hillcrest. Here she is, ready for her first game!


Her first Friday here, Chad and I both had to work. Lame. So the girls, at her suggestion, dressed up in Christmas jammies and rode their bikes to Walmart to go shopping! I laughed so hard when I heard this! What an awesome and fun girl she is!

We decided to head to Rigby Lake and try out our paddle boards again. So fun! Poor Ane was freezing though. And we got rained out! In August! This has been such a weird summer. I hope we get a Fall... I'm worried we won't with as mild of a summer as it has been though. 

We did manage to get in a couple of hours of sunshine and play before the rain hit. The paddleboards were popular as was the flamingo and our beach ball taps had a record of 48 I think. Not too shabby! We met my cousin Alyssa and her family there so the kids enjoyed playing together and soaking up the sun. Before the scramble to get out of the rain. LOL

I didn't even realize McKinley could maneuver a paddle board... but she was a natural! It was probably good we got rained out... cuz there were sunburns after just a few short hours. Turns out telling the kids I brought sunscreen doesn't actually provide protection... they have to actually put it on!

I also didn't realize how healthy Spain is. Apparently they aren't very big on desserts. I love healthy food. But I also love desserts. So... Ane might be ruined staying with us because not even a week has passed and we've already introduced her to a few. Including cinnamon rolls. Which we passed off as "dinner" when we served them with chili! I hope her parents will forgive us 😬

And just a few fun favorites to throw in: Jaedyn wanted me to take her shopping at Target for matching outfits. So I did. Cuz what mother would pass that up?! Aaaand how cute is the second? Jae and McKinley were walking down the street to visit an elderly neighbor and stopped for a candid. They look so happy and I just love it!


 

No comments: