Brief little blip on the Japanese Gardens in IF... they're small but beautiful! We decided to go check them out together on a Sunday afternoon and I'm so glad we did!
There are about 15 other attempts to capture these 4 on this rock. LOL The wind was blowing, the kids were looking other ways etc. But I persisted and wala!
Girls camp was at the LDS owned Cumorah Girls Camp this year. It was an interesting experience this year. Last year the camp was on a ward basis. This year it was on a stake level and the stake felt it was important for the girls to know they were not alone. So in an effort to communicate that, they divided the girls into camps by school grade rather than by ward. I understand their efforts and it was a cool idea but with one itty bitty oversight. Jaedyn is the only girl in her grade in our ward and she did not know anyone else in the entire stake (our stake is split over 2 middle school/highschool boundaries) so rather than feeling reassured... she felt very very alone. They held stake prep activities in advance to help the girls prepare and it felt to Jaedyn like everyone knew each other but her. She was very reserved about the whole idea and resistant to the point of almost not going to camp!
Then inspiration struck her. Mariah is in her age group but behind her 1 year in school. Could she join the 8th grade camp based on her age? It was approved and suddenly, I had a very excited teen again.
I think they look pretty happy to be together! I was only up for a day and a half but can tell you, they ate well, hiked beautiful country, and crafted their hearts out. There was also a lake for swimming which made the heat bearable for the brave of heart... despite the leech infested waters. I kid you not. Think BIG leeches. Nasty!
We live in Idaho so of course we were camping in bear country. As such we made a big emphasis on no food in the tents! And of course several of the girls ignored that advice. It about gave Jaedyn a coronary. She is a responsible camper who has been well trained and educated. She kept coming to me with this news upset, because her tent mates were eating in the tents. I tried multiple times to educate and warn but to no avail. Alas, Jaedyn got a good lesson in allowing others their free agency. Aaaand she switched tents. LOL She and Mariah moved into mine when I left the 2nd day.
And last but not least... a tribute to good friends. We have some neighbors who have a son Jaedyn's age and another son that is Lilia's age. They get along so well. Sometimes the youngers get teased a bit as they try out business ventures together. Lilia gets pretty frustrated by the teasing. It's not us, mind you! So Landon wrote up this little beauty for Lilia... and I preserved it for posterity because... wouldn't you?
It so reminds me of the country song "Check Yes or No" by George Strait!














No comments:
Post a Comment