Bless my family and their willingness to allow me to take crazy adventures! And bless Helen for her willingness to do all the planning cuz we would be so lost if I was in charge! LOL Helen invited me to join her for a weekend of hiking in St George and the thought of sunshine was too tempting to resist!
Our adventure began in this hole. For real. Ok so nothing exciting really happened here but it was gross which made it an adventure all by itself. When we arrived, it was bad. Not wanting to put a damper on the start of the trip I told Helen we were not allowed to complain. I almost did so many times! Ew. But in the morning all attempts at a positive attitude were quickly abandoned when we looked up and saw what appeared to be blood splatter all over the ceiling above her bed. No worries, she prayed for extra protection that night. Our imaginations quickly took off explaining the puddle type red stains that were scattered in front of the door and we couldn't get out of the room fast enough. On the way out I kindly informed the front desk that they needed to clean the ceiling. They thanked us and later had the gall to accuse us of spraying soda all over the room, claiming it was still wet when we left. What a load of bull. First of all, I almost never drink soda, second of all Helen considers stuff like that practically poison. Third, it was bone dry when we investigated it closely trying to determine if the rust colored spots really were blood (soda didn't even cross my mind). I was really disappointed with their dishonesty.
But that is neither here nor there because what a fabulous trip we had after that! The next hotel, the Red Lion was so posh compared! They had a great indoor/outdoor pool that I may have to take my kids and revisit! LOL
We started out Saturday in Red Cliffs Conservation area hiking what I think started as the Red Reef Trail. We followed it up past the ropes and then instead of following the creek to the right as it was full of water, we went straight... straight up. LOL It was some steep bouldering but oh so fun and it put us above everything. We came out the other side and started playing around with super hero poses. Helen was pretty good!
Here's Spiderman
And Captain America... just imagine the shield
And Ironman at take off 😂
I did a pretty cool black widow... but you'll just have to imagine it because the pic was taken with Helen's camera. We laughed and laughed about Yalena (Black widow's sister) making fun of the pose.
I also broke the rock with my super strength.
And captured this super beautiful sun with my super stellar camera!
On Sunday, after church, we hiked Hidden Pinyon to Red Sands to Padre in Snow Canyon. This was another great trail! So funny though, as you come out you hike past an outdoor theater in the middle of nowhere. There are signs telling you not to pet the horses without permission.
And Monday brought a close to our adventures with a quick jaunt part way down Silver Rim Trail which had to be cut short. I wimped out calculating the time it was going to take me to get home. Helen was a good sport and allowed us to turn around. Next time Helen!




No comments:
Post a Comment