Sunday, January 2, 2022

Happy New Year!

Jaedyn had her first big party. And by that I mean, she hosted a boy-girl party! And I have very few pix to show for it dang it! Just believe me when I say, it was a lot of fun!


She had 10 friends, and one friend brought a couple bonus family members. I had been worried about an ice-breaker activity... totally a silly concern and I never should have worried. They are such a fun group of kids and it was loud and crazy from the moment they walked in!

Jaedyn had made red velvet cup-cones courtesy of Grandma Tina's thoughtfulness and generosity. We had chex mix, candy, waffles and ice-cream (per tradition) and cinnamon rolls. 

We started the games with a funny white elephant gift exchange. Everyone had been instructed to find something laying around the house. Oh my heck. There was hemorroid pillows, talking parrots, cans of beans (pictured above being sipped by the lovely Taya), handmade ornaments, used coloring books... the list goes on. 

The kids quickly moved outdoors and honestly spent most of their time out there. They played capture the flag, played on the zipline, went in the gym for foam sword fighting, ping-pong, and pop a shot. 

They came in to eat and played a couple rounds of a card game one of her friends brought before heading back out side again.

I could NOT believe the amount of ice-cream those kids put away! LOL It was awesome. It was such a fun night and the kids just seemed to have so much fun. In fact, a few days later one of the boys emailed Jaedyn and said he had such a boring life and wishes he was back at our party! LOL. Exaggerated, I'm sure, but I'll call the night a success! 

I am so grateful for Jaedyn's friends. They are such a good group of kids, not afraid to have good clean fun mixed in with some healthy teasing and play. Those kids know how to play! They've been good for her. I am very very grateful to them and to her. Love you Jae! Thanks for a fun party!

 

No comments: