aAfter work on June 13 we started our trip to the Red Woods in California to join up with the Boyds for a camping reunion. I love these reunions. I love camping. And I love my family. I was not a big fan of the looooooong drive though! We stayed over in Reno at a hotel and after several hours in the car were looking forward to some exercise. No pool. No gym. Aren't those mandatory on road trips? Argg. Helen and I did a little hotel room xfit workout and took the kids for a run down the hallways. We needed the release! Don't worry, it was mid afternoon and if we were waking anyone up it was their own fault! On June 20 we drove all the way through on the way back to avoid any unfortunate hotel experiences. The rest of the trip was AMAZING!
Apparently we have a little rock climber on our hands. "Wait, how do I get down?" That's where Dad comes in. Isn't every Daddy every little girl's hero? That's how it should be!
Family Reunion shirts may just be a new tradition :)
The size of these red woods! They were incredible! Here are all the little cousins trying to fit around. Didn't even make it half way... and this wasn't even the largest! We drove our suburban through a whole in one!
And fit the whole fam-damly in another!
The forests were gorgeous.
We loved the hiking.
And the coastline... man oh man. The beauties on this earth are so inspiring!
As is time in a tree with g-ma :)
Be careful smelling the flowers!
I love to see my kids enjoying time with their cousins. Family is invaluable and I am so grateful for them!
She may hate me later for this but I just couldn't resist. Little Lilia... you make my heart light!






















No comments:
Post a Comment