Jaedyn had to get a flu shot this year. Something she was a little less than excited about. So, practicing my excellent parenting skills (haha) I totally bribed her! We had to get some grocery shopping done and so I told her if she was good for the doctor then she could pick out a treat afterward. She loved the idea! She asked if it was okay to cry? I told her that of course it was and she could still be brave even if she cried a little. So we traipsed in for Lilia's 6 month visit and Jaedyn's flu shot.
Jaedyn told me a couple times at the office that she didn't want to get an owie. But then I reminded her of her pending treat and how she could be brave and help Lilia when Lilia had to get her shots. Jaedyn agreed... but she wanted Lilia to go first! HA! So, what a trooper, Lilia went first and got 3! And cried. Poor kid. Then it was Jaedyn's turn. She had picked out exactly what leg and what spot earlier that morning so she showed the nurse, I gave her a "hug", and Jaedyn got her flu shot... and didn't even flinch! What a brave girl! She admitted afterward that it hurt a little but she was glad she got the medicine that would help keep her from getting sick. Good job Big Girl!
True to my word, we went grocery shopping afterward... but everything I needed was at Sam's Club. Some treat! She first picked out the massive cannister of Jelly Bellies and held them through the entire store. At the end we were getting some tortillas and she looked down the isle and got really excited. 
"Bouncy-ball Chips!!!!"
(She even decided it was worth sacrificing the jellybellies for!)
This kid cracks me up!
This kid cracks me up!




4 comments:
I love Sam's!!! If you go to the bakery they give free cookies to the kids. So great!!!!!
hahahahaha! I LOVE her choice in treat. Although, I would have stuck with the jelly bellies myself! What a brave little girl!
That's hilarious that that is what she picked! Even funnier that Sam's club is where you took her to pick something!
Yeah, I know! But I wasn't about to make 2 trips with 2 kids in tow! haha. At least it's not sugary?
Post a Comment