Last weekend we drove out to my parents to celebrate Dad's birthday. My dad is one of my heroes. I don't know if I've always appreciated the advice he had to give, but I know I value it now and did even as a teenager. My Dad came into my life when I was 2 years old so I don't remember life without him, maybe that's why I used to take the monstrous task he took on, for granted. In recent years however I've dwelt upon what it was he did for my family and have come to have a great respect, love, and appreciation for his role in my life.
For his birthday this year I wanted to do something special, something I've wanted to do for a long time. I spoke to Chad about it and he agreed that this year was the year. Many years ago my Dad had a picture that he loved. It was called "Prayer at Valley Forge". My dad is a huge history buff and this picture is one of George Washington kneeling beside his horse praying. This picture held a lot of significance for him. He had it hanging in his office and one of his employees fell in love with this picture. When my dad had to let her go, he took this picture off the wall and gave it to her to soften the blow. And that's my dad. Ever since I heard the story of how he lost this picture I have wanted to replace it for him. 
And because I can't blog without posting a picture of Jaedyn, here is one with grandma at the birthday party.




2 comments:
That picture is even one of my faves! I haven't seen Jaedyn for over a week and I am having withdrawls!
Oh Ang, I miss your family and my "idaho" family, I would love to see them in August!!
Post a Comment