Sunday, February 22, 2009

Being Sick and Cutting Teeth

Aww, our sweet little girl has been so sick! There are many joys of parenting but this is really one of the downfalls. I hate seeing our little girl who is normally so happy and excited by the many discoveries she makes each day, suffer and be so sad. She came down with a fever last Wed afternoon and the weekend went downhill from there, we thought it was just teething until her fever spiked to just shy of 104. She was such a sweetheart for feeling so poorly though. All she wanted to do was cuddle and really she didn't get that fussy. Not until Sunday. The fever finally broke on Sat and then Sunday morning we noticed another little tooth starting to poke through. That afternoon she let loose with all the pent up emotion of several weeks of a runny nose, 2 weeks of coughing, a few days of a pretty darn high fever, and the pain of a cutting tooth. Whew! She's starting to settle back down now thankfully. Except for this darn cough! She'll lie down for a nap and wake herself up with her coughing fits. I've got the humidifier running now and that seems to have helped a tiny bit. Oh how I wish codeine cough syrup was alright for infants! That stuff works miracles!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE Jaedyn! She is so cute! I'm so excited to see you guys in a few weeks! WOO HOO!

The Clark's said...

She is unbelievably adorable! She has grown so much since I saw her last, good luck with the teething thing and if you find anything that works really well let me know. Can't wait to see you guys again!

Robin and Stephenie said...

She looks like a little doll! It was so nice to see you guys a few weeks ago! we do miss you guys.

Travis and Jana said...

Sorry you've been sick Jaedyn. You cousins Passion and Kindly were dealing with the same thing last week. Then Uncle Travis got it. Thankfully, we are all well now. Hopefully it stays that way. We hope you are feeling better now. We love you!

Chris said...

Our flight into Salt Lake is Next Thursday. We're going to spend half the time with my family and half with yours...I think it's a full ten days. Chris has yet to call your mom, but he will soon. We haven't figured out what days we'll be where yet, I think we need to see when Jonathan is going to be around to settle our plans. We are way excited!!!

KJBBBG said...

So sad that they have to experience sickness with so little available to them in the way of medicines. Maybe it's because they're smarter than us and sleep it out. Hopefully that's not the pattern for all her teeth.
Hang in there Jaedyn. You too, Ang.