I got busy and never made it in with the kids for flu shots this year. Oops.
As a result, there was a lot of this going on in November. It would knock one person down and about the time they were recovering... another person would get hit. Ugh. Chad was the last to get it. Right as we had company arriving for Thanksgiving! So he hung out in our bedroom for a few days and tried not to spread the love. I missed him. I REALLY missed his help in the kitchen! LOL
We also got some baby loves in. Jaedyn's friend had a baby a couple of months ago. She's having a hard time getting out and doing things. So sweet Jaedyn offered to watch her little Jackson a couple of times this month so she could. We loved it! And I was so proud of Jaedyn for turning down her offer to pay. Sometimes, it's just not about the money. And I was grateful that Jaedyn recognized that. She saw a need and helped fill it.
We made it out to Chuck-A-Rama for our family night out this month! The kids loved the hoards of food. Poor Jae was just getting over her illness at this point though. I think she had some french fries. Note to self: attending a buffet when someone has no appetite lead to very expensive french fries! LOL
November in Idaho this year has been so crazy! This is Heidi and I the week before Thanksgiving taking advantage of almost 60 degree weather! With 3 dogs. It was gorgeous. The weather that is. The hike was blah as everything was dead but I skipped along anyway because I was just happy to get out! I'm glad I did it too cuz that afternoon my fever hit. And by the time I got better, the weather had completely turned.
November brought with it a lot of gratitude for family and friends. These pix just show some examples of the love we have in our lives. The first is a snapshot that a friend took when she saw Ebony and McKinley walking together holding hands after school one day. The second is good friends being there for each other in good and bad times.
Wouldn't be my fam if there wasn't a little selfie love!
McKinley made a bunch of decorations for Thanksgiving- this is her paper bag turkey. The older girls went to the mall to waste some time and Lilia joked about trying dresses on with them. I have outlawed snapchat on the kids phones. So Jae downloaded it on mine (There's always a work around 🙄) and had a lot of fun with the filters.
It was a great Holiday break! And now... the world (according to the mall) is moving on to Christmas! I'm looking forward to it with this family of mine!










No comments:
Post a Comment