Thursday, April 20, 2023

Spring

Spring in Idaho is bipolar every year. But this year it is really yanking our chain! We will have a beautiful day close to 60 followed by a snowy day or 2. This has been going on for 3 weeks. At one point after a particularly beautiful day, we woke up to 2 inches of snow. McKinley's face just crumbled and she pathetically exclaimed "I hate winter" and began crying. Poor kid. But right there, that was how we have all been feeling! I keep reminding myself, we need the moisture! And we really do. And I am grateful for it. But I am so ready for some solid sunshine!


Because we don't know how long the sunshine will last, we are sure to get out and enjoy it while we can! We've been walking to church, exercising with the gym door wide open, roller skating, bike riding, garden prepping- I even replanted the strawberry beds and got the tomatoes up with their walls of water, and bought some frost resistant flowers because I am in desperate need of their colorful cheer this spring- and taking care of animals and doing yard care. We got 4 chicks this spring and they are so happy to finally be outside! Any guess what was on Lilia's mind as she was taking care of her rabbit in this pic? LOL


And when it's not shining, we seek shelter from the wind and snow... usually in our house. But sometimes we go cool places like the bowling alley or Mike's music. My new guitar that Chad bought me had a small crack in the neck and the bridge was lifting. So Seagull sent a replacement and it finally arrived! We went to pick it up and the kids were in 7th heaven playing all the instruments! They asked if they could go back every day. Which made me laugh and respond, "I bet they would loooove that" referring to the poor workers who were trying their darndest to stave off anxiety attacks as my children handled one instrument after another.



 

No comments: