Told ya it was cold! We've had school cancelled 2 days in a row now. Mondays are busy with music lessons all day. My mom comes up and teaches in our home on Mondays. She starts with a preschool music class and then teaches back to back piano lessons and singing lessons. It gets busy with the constant flow of kids. Add on top of that a few play dates and Lilia taking orders of cocoa bombs to fill and... it was a very busy non-school day!
When we got the notification last night that school would be cancelled again today, we stayed up way too late and watched an episode of National Treasure. Then this morning, Lilia, who has decided to train for a 5K in order to get ready for spring and summer canyoneering adventures, came and joined Chad and I in our heated gym for a workout. (I should add an insert here that I am SO grateful that we chose to run heat to the gym last spring!)
Mid workout I had the thought to show Lilia the cup of hot water thrown in the freezing cold air trick. We played around with that for a minute before heading back inside. Chad got the best slo-mo video!
After morning chores and music practice we headed to the Aquarium for a warm day outing.
Cool black light photo, eh?
We bought tokens for the kids to feed the animals. Most of the kids wanted to feed the stingrays. They were so slimy!
Ebony wanted to feed the birds. So we all got to go in. This was probably my favorite part... minus the bird poop.
They were everywhere! On our heads, hands, laps, and even our feet!
This was my other favorite part... The "Doctor" fish. Used frequently for manicures and pedicures. They like such hot water that they don't develop teeth. They are used to suck dead skin off the hands and it tickles!
Jaedyn did not trust the tickle assessment however. It creeped her out and I don't think she got more than a single knuckle in the water before shrieking and moving on. So funny. I can't open a pillsbury can. Jaedyn can't stick her hand in water with fish.



















No comments:
Post a Comment