McKinley has been planning her birthday party since December. Earlier last year she asked when her birthday was and to give her a context of time I told her we had to have Christmas first. So as soon as the last present was opened on Christmas Day, she was ready! LOL
She wanted to make her invitations and plan the games and everything.
So her dad said, "let her!" and I agreed! Here Chad is overseeing the invitation making.
And here is the rainbow, heart cake with dolphins that she requested. Thanks Michelle! It was a yummy coconut cake.
The kids had all sorts of fun with the Olympic Games we had in honor of the Olympics this year. They played at wheelbarrow racing, foot racing, crab crawling, playing toss the balloon (where you don't let it touch the ground), duck duck goose, and my personal favorite: a game that McKinley made up where you stack the boxes (that she had been collecting for months for the occasion) and knock them down! Then they all got medals at the end.
Check the air she got on this one! LOL
Happy 5 McKinley!
Next we celebrated Chad's birthday. Unfortunately his actual day was a very busy one so we invited friends to come over the next day for dinner to help us celebrate. The day of his birthday was pretty normal: he went to work, came home, we headed off to YW activities and then when we got home we had cake and ice cream and presents. Pretty low key. The next day I had the family call to cancel dinner on him... they told him they had strep. Awesome. As planned they and a few other friends met at one of Chad's favorite restaurants where we surprised him for his big 4-0! We spent an enjoyable evening chatting until they closed. And no one ended up with strep 😆
Then Grandpa had a birthday that fell on a Monday, when they come and spend the day with us and my mom give the girls and a few neighbors music lessons. So she asked if they could celebrate it here with us and I gladly agreed! He has sworn off chocolate so rather than his traditional german chocolate cake, I made him a homemade carrot cake. When I say "I" I actually mean "we". It was definitely a family endeavor with one person grating carrots, one shredding them, another made the frosting, another the cake. It was awesome. And oh so delicious. Could've been all the extra love poured in 😉but I've already had several requests for this same cake for future birthdays.
Happy 71 Dad!













No comments:
Post a Comment