Saturday, May 1, 2021

Subaru and a Visit from Vancouver!

We bought a new car!
And I don't have a picture of the experience

Except this one.

We traded in our 2013 black Dodge Caravan and bought a white 2020 Subaru Ascent. So excited for the adventures to come with AWD and higher clearance! We also wanted vehicle that hosted 2 extra seats so we could share the adventures with more people! The salesman took our picture with our new purchase... and never sent it to us. But I have one of McKinley relaxing in the TV room while we signed all the paperwork. 

Our first adventure with our extra seats... Grandma Tina and Grandpa Damon came to visit! My kids looooooove their grandparents. We took a trip to Yellowstone with them and Valerie and Luis joined us with their family. And somehow, the only pictures I have from the experience are the pix the kids took in the car! How does this keep happening?! I bet the pix are on Chad's phone.

Little miss poser here captured G-ma and G-pa with Jaedyn in the back seat. I need to do better *sigh

You can see we played a little bit of musical chairs during the drive. Sometimes kids just don't do well on car trips. I hear that's pretty normal. But it sure feels horrible when it's happening to you!


I do love the random selfies that technology provides for us today! 

Damon was a saint and while visiting on HIS vacation, spent many hours fixing our filter faucet. The girls got lots of cuddles in with their grandma as I'm pretty sure she read the whole library to them not to mention bringing them a new library with her book club. Grandma's Book Club is a fun tradition that Tina created to help her connect with all her grandkids who live so far away. Every couple of months she sends a package in the mail and my girls get SO enthusiastically excited every time one arrives. The packages usually contain a book for each girl along with a small gift that either goes along with the book or along with whichever holiday is fast approaching.

 

No comments: