Saturday, February 13, 2021

Swim Team... Go Dragons!

This winter Jaedyn decided she wanted to do swim team with the middle school. She was so dedicated! The kid had practice at 8 o clock at night for an hour twice a week with swim meets first thing in the morning on Saturdays. Covid kept the family from getting to watch her which was super lame for her first season but hopefully there will be many more. 

Chad came home after one meet and asked who in the world was in charge of choosing the people who sang the national anthem at the meets. I was confused by the question and the emotion he was displaying. Well come to find out, he thought Jaedyn ought to give it a try because he was not impressed with the athlete's ability to stay on pitch. LOL. Well nothing came of it for several weeks but I randomly got a general email from someone over the championships requesting that if any athlete was interested in singing at the championship, to please respond. So I thought, "Hey! It's my chance to give Chad this!" So, after checking with Jaedyn, I responded, and she was approved! I can't express how proud I was of this kid! She was so nervous but did so well! 

She had quite the cheering section too as we broke the rules and I brought my brother, mom and dad, and our friends Justin and Kaden who just happened to be visiting that day. 

 

 

No comments: