Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mr Peabody

The cheap theater does a cheap summer movies deal for kids each year. The tickets end up being about 50 cents a movie. Since our family doesn't really frequent the theater often, this ends up being a great way to provide the experience for our growing family. We did it again this year and have been able to enjoy such movies as The Lego Movie and The Croods.

Today we went and saw Mr Peabody and Sherman. I knew nothing about this movie going into it but was still surprised to learn it was about a dog that adopted a little boy... say what? Screen writers sure are getting creative. Did you know this is a scary movie? Ok not really but Lilia for whatever reason was completely absorbed and reactive during this movie. I kept hearing her gasp anytime something slightly bad was about to happen. I would put my hand on her knee to reassure her in the hopes of bringing her back to reality and I would quietly ask if she was doing alright. This apparently was not enough. 

Towards the end of the movie, Mr Peabody is threatened by the dog catcher and when the noose pole they use to capture dogs was put around his neck Lilia started crying and screamed, "NO! No! (wa wa gasp gasp) Misthter Peabody's gonna get killed!" Very loudly I might add. She was really freaked out. 

It was cute and heartbreaking at the same time. And I guess it proves just how much our children can be affected by media. My friend Chalene was sitting in front of us and warned me, "You better be careful what you let that girl watch!" 

I shall indeed!


Here's to the innocence of youth :)

I sure love you, sweet girl!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I didn't know they made mr. Peabody into a movie. It started out at a short with the show Bullwinkle and friends that was on when I was little. It wasn't my favorite part of that show anyway. I never understood why Sherman was so stupid. I like Boris and Natasha better. I'm sorry Lilia got scared. It would have been fu. To be in the theater listening to her tho.