We got invited on July 4th to swim in a friend's neighbor's pool. Got that? We jumped at the chance! Glad they invited us to partake in some festivities cuz I gotta say, it didn't feel much like a holiday with Chad having to got to work. Too bad medicare makes the rules for him. They don't care.
But us 3 girls took advantage and had a little fun in the sun.
Jaedyn is so incredibly brave in the water! As soon as she saw the diving board she wanted to do that first thing! We had her take a couple of swim lessons from this amazing lady in North Logan. A little far to drive and a little pricey but definitely worth it! Seriously. She learned so much and by the end of her second session she was swimming a couple of strokes clear across (the long way) of the pool! A little crookedly I might add, but unassisted!
Anyone see what's wrong with this picture? Oops. Mother of the year award right there. We were trying out the new camera with its underwater feature and I didn't think I'd gone down far enough. I felt so bad!
Jaedyn showing sis a thing or two
Lilia trying to be like sis
Somehow things just aren't the same without Chad present. He did join us by the end of the day for the BBQ and fireworks but the day was kind of drab without him. It got me to thinking of the sacrifices that so many men and women make. The soldiers who leave their families for active duty. The families who let them leave and who stay at home with brave faces as they strive to solely do what a team is meant to do. I'm grateful for their service and their sacrifice. And selfishly thankful that Chad came home tonight.









No comments:
Post a Comment