Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas time

CHRISTMAS EVE

We went out to the Allreds for Christmas Eve dinner and a nativity. It was so fun! And yummy! And I've never seen a better looking nativity :)

Mary

Joseph


A shepherd coming to worship the baby

The Wiseman Paha! Right before she broke her gift :-(


Chad playing with dolls. I try and tell him not to do it in public places.

CHRISTMAS MORNING

We kind of eased the kids into Christmas this year. Last year they were so overwhelmed by all the gifts and people and change and excitement that it kind of had the opposite impact on them... it was a bit crazy. So this year they opened one gift each day starting a couple days before Christmas. This was kind of fun... each toy brought a days worth of excitement and then on Christmas morning it wasn't so overwhelming. 

First gift of 2012 = hours and hours of fun



This dress did not last long on the hanger!




Lilia's first baby doll. An exciting and monumental event in each girls life!

The girls shared a hanging chair and a train set both from IKEA (can I just say that I love that store?). They also got a couple homemade gifts including sock puppets from Grandma Boyd and capes and crowns from Grandma Tina. I love the homemade gifts. I think they're my favorite gifts to open each year!

Chad surprised us all with a wii! It's actually a funny story. I opened a gift that ended up being a Wii Zumba disk. I looked at in confusion expecting a DVD. "Chad it says Wii on here". He played it so well "What?! Well I think they work in DVD players, it should be fine" "uh... it says here that you need a Wii controller for feedback" "oh well, sorry. We can return it and get something else". 5 minutes later we opened the Wii. Never thought Chad would pay money for such a thing. Turns out he didn't. He actually won the grand prize at a raffle at work!

No comments: