Someone recently accused me of not blogging often enough. Sorry. I'm just busy enjoying my summer, I guess. Okay that's actually a horrible excuse cuz I was even worse at it in the wintertime! I'll have to think of a better one.
Hmmmm....
In the meantime, here's a bit of what's been going on with us!
Jaedyn took swimming lessons and loved it! This kid has always been a nut for the water! One day she was so excited for her lessons that she ran around in her suit just about the whole day (lessons weren't until 5:15!) I guess she was just antsy for the water. At one point in the day, I was in the other room and heard her calling to me, "Mom! I'm goin swimmin!" This is how I found her!
We've done several little hikes. Logan Canyon is beautiful in the summer time and it's such quick, easy access. We love it here! When I say little, I really do mean just that. Since Jaedyn has decided she can do her own hiking it takes a looooong time. Not cuz she walks slow. Oh no. She's actually quite speedy... when she wants to be! But Jaedyn is into discovery! She gets so distracted by the twigs and the bugs and the flowers and the sage brush and the dirt and the rocks. Our hiking reminds me of what I've heard of New York traffic... stop/go. But, I love that she loves it! And I'm gonna take a lesson from her and that is: joy in the journey! She really does take joy in the journey. I have a tendency to be goal oriented in that I focus on the destination... too much. My sweet little girl is teaching me!
These short little hikes usually last a few miles... and ALL morning! Haha. But Lilia is a good sport. On this particular hike, she hummed to me the entire way up the trail. Adorable. I love her happy little baby babble and her soft singing. Melts my heart.
"Mommy, come check out this trick!" I come running into bathroom to find her shoving the entire washcloth in her mouth! So proud :)
Lilila's new trick is reading! Ha. She loooooves books and I'll often come around the corner to find her just animatedly babbling away. Scary moment came the other day when I came around the corner and she was babbling into Chad's scriptures. They don't exactly have the most baby-resistant pages!
"Check it out mom! Someone colored in this book! Bad choice!"
Sweet little reader :)
Check this out! This is all-girl decked out! Chad and I decided Jaedyn was ready for a big girl bike. Ok, I actually wanted to get her one for her bday but Chad didn't believe me. He thought she was happy with her trike. Oh gol. She was only happy cuz she didn't know better! Right? We took a trip to Al's for their tent sale a month ago and Jaedyn saw a bike and wanted to ride it. So Chad humored her and let her... and she took off. He was in shock. I was really trying hard not to say, "I told you so!" Ok, actually I didn't try that hard, in fact I was kinda smug about it. Jaedyn was in love! But the thing cost $200! For a kids bike?! Seriously!
So Chad took her to Walmart a couple of weeks later :)
And let Jaedyn pick it out herself.
I laughed right out loud when they came back with this thing. bright pink, princess stickers, decals in the wheels, flower shaped pedals, princess seat, a basket... that doubles as a baby carrier and is shaped like Cinderella's carriage, Streamers, a bell... oh and plastic hearts at the end of the handle bars! Could it get anymore girly?? She loves that thing! And has made darn sure that everyone who has visited the last couple of weeks takes time to admire it!
And in other news... Lilia has finally cut a tooth! I'm not gonna lie, weaning her at a year without ever having been bitten was pretty awesome! But the darn thing took too much time to surface and she has just been so sad! Then Thurs, when we were at the pool I stuck my finger in her mouth and wala! I felt something! A few days prior to turning 14 months my daughter has a tooth... sorta. So I think now that she's taking a few steps, throwing an occasion tantrum, and has a tooth coming in, it's time to officially welcome her to toddler-hood!












1 comment:
Jadyn is too funny! Love all her personality and that you are capturing it with the blog :) Lilia's hair is getting longer! It doesn't look like it has the curls that Jaedyn's does though. Loved the cute video of Lilia reading a book to herself....Em loves books too, but I think it's mainly because she loves to try and eat them! Love your blog posts :)
Post a Comment