Sunday, June 3, 2012

To Trying New Things

 Little Red Riding Hood Lewiston UT 2012
This event, that isn't a race mind you, was fantastic! My friend Helen talked me into signing up this year. It was sold out 2 hours after it opened for registration! There area a few options for distances, we rode the 50. She did try to talk me into the 100... I was proud of myself for sticking my ground. Maybe next year. Maybe.
 This was such a well organized event with tons of food and sunscreen and activities. I was proud of them for including the sunscreen :) It started out freezing! They had predicted high 80s for the race so I hadn't so much as brought a jacket. erg. Then it started raining! I'm sitting there with goose bumps, getting wet and listening to the announcer repeat his earlier forecast. "My, he's optimistic". haha. He was right! By the end of the ride it was sweltering!
 Check out my breakfast! They had bagels and fruit and yes, even twix! All the food kinda seemed contradictory to the event but by the end Helen's garmin told us she had burned over 2400 calories! So, I earned that itty bitty bar! Did I feel guilty? Not a bit! It was delish!
 The Big BAD Woof
Thanks my friend, that was AWESOME! 

Any takers for next year?

1 comment:

Helen said...

I like that you try new things ;)