Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Chad's job- My side of the story :)


I feel that blessings in my life are being greatly manifest right now. Is it wrong for me to be holding my breath… in anticipation of what’s going to go wrong?

Chad got a job! The job of his dreams! He’s so very excited about this placement. He’s excited to work with such a great team, excited to be graduating, excited to be conducting therapy in such a way that so in line with his style. It seems the perfect fit. This job offer has a story.

Back in January Chad began his internship in Taylorsville… a 2 hour drive away. I was so incredibly ANNOYED! During grad school, Chad has had to commute for every single placement. First Brigham City (30 minutes), then Ogden (40 minutes) and now Taylorsville! I talked to one of his fellow students who was single and has had every placement here locally… WHAT?!? 4 hours in the car per day is ridiculous especially when you’re trying to study and be a good student, so it was decided that Chad would live during the week in SLC with his sister and come home on weekends. I was UNPLEASED to say the least. Just in case you’re wondering… I never want to be a single parent!

I was COMPLAINING about his new task one evening as I was sitting with a lady in my ward and she said something that HAUNTED me. “Angela, it’s all for the best. Maybe there’s someone at that clinic that couldn’t be helped by anyone other than your husband. He’s there for a reason.” Um okay, paradigm shift. I honestly hadn’t thought of it in that light at all! I’d been so NEGATIVE! I really tried to shift my attitude at that point… but I didn’t do a great job of it. It was HARD being home alone with my 2 little girls who were also having their own STRUGGLES with their Daddy gone! Jaedyn regressed and became pretty rough with Lilia, I couldn’t leave the 2 alone at all. I was working part time, and trying to fulfill callings in church, exercise and keep the house in some semblance of order. Luckily we had my sister-in-law living with us for 6 weeks and she was a great help and a lot of fun. But well… I was STRESSED!

God works in mysterious ways.

Chad LOVED his placement in Taylorsville! His preceptor couldn’t have taught in a style more PERFECT for him. She was really positive, they worked hard and it was a really good experience. He became INTERESTED in the company and began asking questions about openings within the company which manages the SLPs for many other facilities within the state of Utah.  His preceptor seemed to get EXCITED and got him in touch with the recruiter. There were no openings. Bummer.

A couple of weeks later Chad got a call from one of his fellow classmates who worked for the company in Ogden. They had recently been in touch and she knew he may be INTERESTED in working there. She was leaving the company and ready to turn in her 2 weeks notice. She asked if she could give them his name when she did so. Um… yes! The day she turned in her notice he got a message from his previous preceptor informing him of an opening within the company.

To make a long story a little less long, both of these WONDERFUL people gave him an excellent reference. He had an interview several days later and was offered the job last week.

Looking back on what it took to get here I have to just pause when I think of my NEGATIVE feelings through the beginning of this whole thing and how it has ended up to be such an INCREDIBLE blessing. In the midst of our trials I will try to seek out that silver lining. I’m glad someone else much more knowledgeable is in control of my life!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

You had every right to complain because that was HARD. But the Lord loves you & will always bless you. I'm so glad Chad got this job-- that is so amazing & wonderful! Happy for you! xoxox

Genealogy...Living in the Past Lane! said...

We didn't know the details of Chad's new job, but I'm so glad to hear it has all worked out! I think you handled it a lot more gracefully than I would have. You are amazing, Angela, even reflecting on all of this in the way that you have. Thanks for posting this!