Saturday, June 18, 2011

SCARY STORY

Look who's all grown up!

Jaedyn freaked us out the other night. It was bedtime and she was going potty before she went to bed. Somehow she fell and hit her head on the tile floor. Chad was in with her, I was in the living room. Suddenly I hear a loud bang and then one wail from Jaedyn. A minute later I hear Chad frantically yelling "breathe... Jaedyn, BREATHE!" He comes running around the corner with Jaedyn cradled in his arms. She has a look of sheer terror on her face, her mouth is wide open and she's not breathing. As this is registering in my brain all of a sudden her eyes roll back in her head and she goes limp. Pause... Gasp... freak out! Right?

I reach out for her and Chad dumps her in my arms. This isn't gonna sound good but all I could think was "concussion... don't let them sleep!" So I start smacking her face (ugh, I know) and hollering her name and a few seconds later she comes to. No harm done. After the fact, and the initial terror, my brain starts working again and I realize that she just cried so hard, she passed out. We still woke her periodically through the night for safe measure. There's a reason I didn't choose to work ER.

Being a parent is terrifying!!!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Ruth said...

uh... wow!! how horrible!! I'm so glad she is okay!

Rebecca said...

I hate those scary parent moments. I'm sure you would be fine in the ER as long as it wasn't your own kid. Glad Jaedyn is okay.

Travis and Jana said...

Ahhhhh! That is terrible! I'm so sorry! I had a friend whose baby would get herself crying so hard that she'd pass out at least once a day. I'm glad Jaedyn is okay and that you guys survived that ordeal too!