Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Wanna Be Like Dad!

With Father's Day approaching I've been giving a lot of thought to what makes a good Father. I had a wonderful Father in my life growing up, made even greater by the fact that it was a choice he made that he didn't have to. He is a great example to me and one of the most generous people I know. His attitude with almost any circumstance remains positive and he has tried to teach me the humor in things (though he still maintains that I need to learn to deliver a joke :) I love him for the Dad he was, the Grandpa he is, and the friend he will always be! Love you Daddy!

Now my thoughts turn to the Father figure that is daily in my life. That is Chad. He strives with everything he is to be deserving of his little girl. Never have I seen a little girl more loved... and there is no question in my mind watching her, that the love is mutual. I'm constantly amazed by the sacrifices he very willingly makes for her. His face lights up when she smiles and his heart laughs when she laughs. He is a playful, loving, kind-hearted, tease! And she loves it! He also sets a great example for me as I watch him parent with patience, love, and understanding. I love you Chad!

And of course... Jaedyn does too. She wants to be like Dad!
















This last picture is a tribute to some of the things Jaedyn learns from her Daddy :)

8 comments:

Aubrey said...

Angela!!! How are ya? Your little girl is so cute! So happy to reconnect. It's been a while. Looks like you guys are doing really well. Adorable family :)

The Clark's said...

LOVED. the pics. So cute!

Rebecca said...

What a sweet post! I also loved all the pictures.

I totally forgot about that time that Makayla climbed up on Chad's lap and fell asleep. Great memory seeing that picture.

Coleman, Ashley, Cash, and Presley said...

Love this post! so cute! The post with Jaedyn's OCD tendencies... what is that park called? the one where she is giving her profile? It is so familiar... :)

Our Family said...

Ashley, that pic was taken at First Dam Park. It's at the entrance to Logan Canyon so I'm sure you've been to it (you grew up in Logan right?)

Coleman, Ashley, Cash, and Presley said...

yes i did... knew it was familiar... Well I was born in logan and moved a bit, but pretty much lived there until i was 10...

Jeremy and Ruth said...

That is soo cute! I love watching Jeremy and Karver together! It is the best to see the people you love really happy! As always your little one is SOOO STINKEN CUTE!!! She will have to come visit karver and his. He will enjoy the entertainment!

Our Family said...

Thanks Angela for your generous words. I love you too!