Monday, September 7, 2009

So Long Sweet Summer

With the passing of Labor Day Weekend I feel a great sense of sadness. As if summer is officially over. As the lyrics to a great song say, "so long sweet summer" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UblEjqQ0d9c. What a great one it was! I can't believe it is over already! Camping with our great friends the Harts. We miss you guys like crazy! This was kind of our big opening to the summer. We went to an old favorite spot of ours growing up, Green Canyon. Poor Jaedyn had her shots the afternoon before this trip and was vomiting the whole time! What an adventure! haha. We drove to Washington in June to visit Chad's family. We had a fantastic trip and got to spend 10 days there! We went on a little day hike down the Lewis and Clark Trail by the Washougal River.Celebrated Passion's (Jaedyn's cousin) 5th birthday at Chuck E Cheese. Thanks for the fun party Pash! Jaedyn's favorite ride was the carousel. We had to walk beside her because as the music played she was trying to dance so hard she about fell off the horse!
Visited Aunt Mimi and set foot in her pool. Well two feet really.
Went to the Portland Zoo, which is amazing I might add. Although I have to admit Jaedyn was much more enthralled with the plant life there than the animal life. Went camping at Battleground Lake and I can't believe it... this is the only picture I have! But I guess at least I got one!
And spent a day at Seaside. Chad and Travis built sand castles the entire time while the girls just mostly visited. Wait I take that back. Passion and Kindly got quite crazy in the sand (right Jana?)

My brother Shawn and his family came up from Peru for a couple of weeks in July. My brother Wesley and his family joined in from Las Vegas for a weekend. So we all headed to the Big, Fancy Parade in Arimo. If you haven't been let me tell you, you're missing out! j/k. Really it's a small town parade and Chad was disappointed having grown up on the likes of the Rose Parade in Portland. But I prefer this. For one, you're not standing waiting and then watching for hours in the hot sun. You see people you know and who matter to you. And let's face it... you can't beat the crowds of a small town parade!
Shawn's family went camping outside of Rexburg and we really badly wanted to join them but I was on call that weekend and cell phone service up there had a bit to be desired so we joined them for a few hours and of course bummed some really yummy dutch oven dinner (Great job Fullmers!)And shot guns with them. Rifles, handguns and some others. Don't ask me the names, I'm gun-retarded. It was fun but I gotta say I can live without ever doing that again! Guns scare me! My anxiety was through the roof! Silly, I know. I recognize that fact... but can't change it. Yes we were as a matter of fact shooting at something. haha! Not that I hit anything... or maybe I did and they were dud clay pigeons. Chad hit quite a few though which surprised me! But he never really does cease to amaze me.And we got to have Brendan, Jeremy, and Andie sleep over at our house one night. Sadly I didn't get pictures but we played badmitton, ate pizza, watched a few movies :) and had some fun swimming at Blacktail Lake. Shawn's camera was amazing and so I played with it more than my own... hence not many pictures. But I did get one of each of the kids.
Brendan
Jeremy Andie Jaeydn with her Daddy! Grandma Tina came from Vancouver to visit Aunt Valerie. They were nice enough to invite us for an FHE and bbq. We had delicious food and spent the evening at the Porter Park Splach Park for FREE! Jaedyn loved it and Chad got to play soccer again.
The Classic Wet One-year-oldOh Valerie, you're such a good sport!Said Good-bye *sniff sniff*Our Garden! At least we got some strawberries before we moved!

Said Hello! And I don't have official pictures yet because somewhere in storage is my camera cord!

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Hey Ang-- question... what is that pregnant belly picture? Is that saying that house is where you had Jaedyn or are you announcing something? Just checking...

Travis and Jana said...

What a great summer! We were so glad Jaedyn had so much fun at Chuck E Cheese. And the beach was a blast! Eventually all the sand came out of the girls' hair!
We miss you guys and hope that Logan is treating you well.

And . . . yeah, what is that pregnant belly all about?!?!?!