Monday, May 25, 2009

My little ONE YEAR OLD!

How long it takes me to blog about my child's birthday is not a reflection on my parenting! Jaedyn turned one on May 13 and I am finally writing about it, not because it wasn't exciting... of course it was! We've just had so much sunny weather lately that I haven't felt like sticking my nose to the computer for a few weeks. But alas, it can't be put off forever, so here I find myself. We had a fabulous time. We had several friends and family members over for a bbq that night. Jaedyn was oblivious to the fact that it had anything to do with her but had fun regardless. (Thanks Robin for cooking the meat so Chad could spend the time with us!) Jaedyn's favorite thing in the world to do is play in the water (in fact this week she said her first word... other than mama, dada, and uh-oh, and guess what it was? Water!) so I thought it would be fun to kind of do a water theme. We bought her a little inflatable pool and some tub toys for gifts. I decorated the cake like a hottub with ducks (the marshmellows were supposed to be bubbles people! But apparently that wasn't obvious to anyone. I had to explain it to everyone!)
The kids all got cupcakes and got to take ducks home. Apparently Jaedyn liked the duck better than the cake! She had fun opening her presents too... Or maybe Chad had more fun, I'm not sure. Holy cow, thanks everyone for the load! Here she is lounging by the pool. She "gets it" already! haha.
Anyway we had a great time and are grateful that so many people came to share the day with us. Jaedyn we can't believe you've gotten so big so fast! You're our sweet little girl and we love you!!

7 comments:

Chris said...

I get the bubbles!!! Way cute!

Natalie said...

Such a cute party! And I LOVE the picture of Jane lounging by the pool. She is a looker! haha

Rebecca said...

Cute cake! I love it! I can't believe she's already one. She's such a cutie!

Natalie said...

oops!!! totally meant Jaedyn!

Travis and Jana said...

How fun! I love to plan and put on my kids' birthday parties. It sounds like you guys had a blast! Happy Birthday Jaedyn! We love you!

Trenda said...

I love the cake too! Did you come up with that yourself? Happy Birthday Jaedyn. She is such a cutie! :)

summerbummer said...

i knew those were bubbles! What a CUTE idea for a theme! You're so creative!